Noordwijk aan Zee is a beach town with its own style, surrounded by magnificent sandy beaches and dunes that are easily accessible for hikers, bikers or on horseback. More than half of the land area has a nature conservation status. The beach extends for 14km, has excellent water quality and the beach can be visited all year round.
Positive aspects 2014:
- The hiking path through the dunes of the South Holland landscape is a positive change
- The project “Every day is a SUNday”, 3 000 solar panels, contributes to the fossil fuels use reduction
- Local identity has been improved by the policy for Noordwijk Binnen, concerning the preservation of the historic centre and its identity
- Noordwijk is a seaside town with strong seasonality. Although, visitors are attracted to come out of season (MICE market, events)
- Cooperation between the inhabitants of Noordwijk with the government to develop the city (neighbourhood associations)
VISTAS BEST PRACTICE CASES:
Point for improvement 2014:
- Strengthening the identity of Noordwijk through the marketing of local products (dairy products, bulb-culture, herbs, local fish and meat). The products of Noordwijk have great potential to improve the offer of the retail and catering industry. Many of these products have a long history. The emphatic presentation of these products and the story behind them (shops, restaurants and markets) can improve the experience significantly. Furthermore, it could strengthen the identity and provide economic benefits to the farmers and entrepreneurs.