Goedereede is a town and former municipality in the province South Holland in the Netherlands. The area is of great natural beauty and especially the nature reserve “De Kwade Hoek” is excellent for nature lovers. Moreover, the town kept its traditional style and many buildings are dating back to the Dutch Golden Age or even the Middle Ages.
The town started several projects to promote renewable energy. Residents are encouraged to install solar panels by providing them with a good interest rate. Moreover, the solar project “Klepperstee” has been realized and it is one of the biggest ones in the Netherlands. Furthermore, there is a growing interest of the business sector in sustainability issues and tourism enterprises are actively involved in projects that involve sustainability.
- Water savings measures are actively promoted in Goedereede. The new fire station does not uses drinking water, campsites installed water saving taps and new house owners are encouraged to install water savings measures in their houses
- An Ecohotel is being constructed at the moment which will be finished in 2013
- 7 accommodations in Goedereede have been awarded with a Green Key label
- Goedereede has a “strategy plan 2020” in which sustainable tourism plays an important role
VISTAS BEST PRACTICE CASES:
Point for improvement:
- The goal of 100% recycled waste has not been realized yet