Veere is a municipality in the province Zeeland in the South-West of the Netherlands. What used to be important trading points are now a lovely towns right on the Veerse lake. With a rich history, culture and heritage are important assets for the Veere municipality. All 13 villages are different, have their own unique characteristics and most buildings still remain in their original style. “Veers Verleden” is an interactive way to get to know the culture of the municipality.
Also the nature in the municipality is outstanding: with 90% of the municipality being open landscapes, Veere is an excellent destination for nature seekers. Cycle paths as well as walking tracks run throughout the whole municipality and are the best way for visitors to get to know the diversity of the nature in Veere.
- Sustainability Agenda with very clear goals which are evaluated frequently. Next to this agenda there is the “Green Policy” which is complementary to the Sustainability Agenda.
- Stakeholder participation is well organized in the municipality in different parts of the agenda and entrepreneurs are supported by the municipality.
- Tourism is well spread over the year; there is not much seasonal pressure
Point for improvement:
- Sustainable transportation for both the municipality itself as well as for visitors
- Research into tourism (visitor satisfaction etc.)